Vidyamandir Classes Kolkata brings to you National Talent Search Examination courses. Get in touch with us for all the details
1. What is NTSE?
NTSE is a talent based evaluation system scientifically designed for class X students. It measures individual’s strengths and weaknesses on the basis of the concepts learnt at school and beyond.
2. Who Conducts NTSE?
Central Government through CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
3. How Many Students appear in NTSE Exam and How many Get scholarships
Close to 300,000 students appear in this scholarship exam every year, and 1,000 scholarships are awarded, out of which 775 are not reserved.
4. What are the advantages of being a NTSE Scholar?
Some of the advantages of being an NTSE scholar are:
- The Central government awards scholarships upto post graduate and doctoral levels.
- This preparation will certainly be useful when you take your competitive exams like NEET, JEE, CLAT, etc.
- Preferfence in admision to foreign universities for graduate and post graduate course. Those applying for US scholarships get additional marks for being an NTSE qualifier.
- Some colleges in India have seats reserved exclusively for NTSEscholars.
- Preference in government jobs when appearing for interviews for IFS, IAS, IRS, IPS, etc.
- NTSE Scholars also get benefits during NDA selections.
- NTSE scholars can enjoy discounts on course materials and books at high school
- In case a student needs to apply for admission to another school then NTSE scholars are always preferred.
5. How Should one prepare for NTSE?
As the name suggests it searches the talent capable of managing all the subjects of school level along with reasoning (Mental Ability). The preparation should start with from class 9th itself. Students need to give more emphasis on fundamentals of class 9th and 10th for all subjects. There are two papers .
SAT : Scholastic Aptitutde Test
Subjects involved in this test are Maths,Chem,Bio,SST,Physics
MAT: Mental ability Test
There are two types of reasoning which is tested in this test.
Verbal Reasoning and Non Verbal reasoning
Need to follow NCERT books of class 9th and 10th for NTSE exam.
Few topics of Bio, Phy, Chem ( class 11th ) should be touched which are corelated to class 9th and 10th.
For Registration & Enquiry, please contact +91 8100555444